ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Groups - Latest Unmarked (hiding all changes) version ofthe NDR document upto May 19 2006 (NDR-2006-05-19 (unmarked).pdf)uploaded

Congratulations to Mavis and Mike on the latest NDR draft.

Could I point out one rule which might need a change:

VER8 now reads "A UBL minor version document schema MUST import its
immediately preceding version document schema"

but in view of VER5 which reads
"For UBL Minor version change the namespace name MUST not change"

I'd suggest VER8 should therefore read ('include' replacing 'import'):
"A UBL minor version document schema MUST include its
immediately preceding version document schema using xsd:include"

Since xsd:import requires a change of namespace.

This still allows the use of substitution groups if they are to
be used for minor version derivation (as pointed out by Joe Chiusano
on ubl-dev, thanks).

All the best

Stephen Green

Quoting mavis.cournane@cognitran.com: