ubl message

Subject: Coments to the Dispositions of Issues list by JPLSC

Dear Tim McGrath,

We (JPLSC) has held F2F meeting on May 24 in Tokyo.
We discussed about Comments and Actions in the Issues list posted by Tim and
Peter a few days ago.

1. Evaluation of Dispositions in the Issues list.
We have checked all Dispositions (Comments and Actions in the Issues list
regarding JPLSC's issues) submitted by Tim and Peter a few days ago.
We have agreed with all Dispositions excluding the additional comment
described below.

2. Additional Comment
The following is the additional comment to your Comments.
(1) Original comments and Disposition
ISS-130 and 131
Issue by JPLSC: There are many codes in UBL business documents. However,
there are very few definitions of Code's values. In case to use UBL business
documents, this would become big problems. We think that there are two kinds
of Codes. One is universal codes, those are defined by some standard bodies.
For example: Country Code, Currency Code. The other one is a code that is
defined by the trading partners themselves. In case of this kind of trading
partner's defined codes, we would like to have some principles or guidelines
regarding the code values. Let me cite an example regarding Code definition
in Japanese business documents. There are many business documents in many
industries in Japan. These business documents have Code Definitions. The
Code Definitions define the meaning of code and definition of code values.
Tim's Comments: See Issue 117
Issue 117
Issue by Kay Wesling: Regarding codelists. Will there be a list of codelists
used? Regarding especially the stated codelist for the units: The PCE unit
is a simple addition to the recommendation 20 made by the EANCOM
specification which is often used in current EDIFACT exchanges.
Tim's Comments: Now we have a clearer policy on Codelists I suggest we
review all Codes as candidate for nominating code lists.
Action: Tim make a list of codelist.

(2) Counter questions
What is the contents of code lists?
What we want are definitions of code values for every code.
Are there definitions of code values in the code list?

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
(Vice Chair of UBL JPLSC)
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513