ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Nominations for UBL Liaisons with CEFACT Projects

TBG1 is the equivalent of our Procurement Subcommittee and TBG3 is the
equivalent of our Transportation Subcommittee.

These TBG groups create what are called BRS (Business Requirement
Specifications).  These are process and document models for specific
business processes.

For example, TBG1 have just completed a BRS that includes a spreadsheet
(similar to ours) that defines a document called a Cross-Industry
Invoice.  Once approved by CEFACT this is handed to the group called ICG
(Information Content Group??) who apply the ATG2 NDRs to produce a schema.

TBG3 do something similar for transportation processes - but they have
chosen a slightly different approach, aiming for a generic model that
covers all document types.

What we are trying to do here weith these streams is influence the work
of TBG1 and TBG3 so that their BRS's start to look like UBL documents
(and vice versa).  the first step is typically a gap analysis, then
addressing how UBL can fill TBG requirements and how the TBG can address
UBL requirements.

Does that answer your question?