ubl message

Subject: Revised discussion paper on UBL 2.0 subsets, extensions, versions, validation and interchange

Hello all!

I have revised my proposed subset methodology,
detailing what I think are the approaches and
artefacts that a subset definer must define to
support a community of users of a subset of UBL:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18810/gkholman-ubl-modeling-0.3.zip

In that paper I've also polished up my discussion
of my proposed minor version namespace approach,
showing how it addresses backwards compatibility
to allow UBL 2.0 systems to be tolerant of UBL
2.1 instances, and how it addresses Paul's
comments in Belgium of the need to allow a
network of validating nodes to incrementally
migrate from 2.0 validation to 2.1 validation
with 2.0-based nodes tolerating 2.1 instances on the network.

This approach to minor versioning is up for
discussion on Wednesday's teleconference.

I very much look forward to any feedback.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04