ubl message

Subject: SV: SV: SV: [ubl] Revised discussion paper on UBL 2.0 subsets, extensions, versions, validation and interchange

Hi Ken,

>I'll try to find references to chapter and verse
>of the specification to support either the
>Microsoft interpretation or the Xerces/XSV/MSV interpretation.

I think the W3 Schema wiki http://esw.w3.org/topic/UniqueParticleAttribution
under interaction with wildcards is quite explicit in this:

"Interaction with Wildcards
Wildcards are also particles and can cause UPA violations when mixed with
optional elements (or other wildcards.

  <xs:complexType name="bad2">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="A" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
      <xs:element name="B" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
      <xs:any/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
Sometimes a wildcard conflict can be avoided by use a  namespace="##other"
attribute on the wildcard particle, but problems can arise later if the
content model is extended to handle elements in more than one namespace. XML
Schema 1.0 does not support exclusion of multiple namespaces in a wildcard. "

from the Schema spec, and much less comprehensible:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#non-ambig

however given my experience of poor support for XML Schema in different
platforms, etc. I prefer to test things before hand and not rely on the spec.
Although making sure one does not break the spec is good too of course.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen