ubl message

Subject: SV: [ubl] NDR specification of xsd:any in UBLExtension

Hi Ken,

I think in this case I would rather like there to be an unbounded number or
extension elements as opposed to an unbounded number of children of a single
extension element, and if we can't have an unbounded number of extension
elements then I would rather have just one extension element with one child.

Reasons are as follows:

1. Ease of processing, I basically envisioned the workflow of receiving a
document with an extension as getting out the single child of the extension
sending that on to a seperate validation process/extension handling process
and at the end assembling the results. This could be done with multiple
children but then this should be specified that every child of extension
should be considered as a serializable xml instance. I think there will be
more work to get developers to understand multiple children than there will
be to get them to understand one child - that is of course just personal
opinion without any stats to back it up. I suppose that there is also an
element of conservatism in my opinion on this matter.

2. The discussion in Brussels included such concepts as identifying the
reason for an extension etc. Reasons are supposed to be bound to the
extension element IIRC, not to the children (I'm not sure exactly what was
decided on this because it was decided on way at one point and then changed,
so it could be that it is elements under the UBLExtension element, or another
element that is a following-sibling of the UBLExtension element or that it is
attributes [new attributes though are disallowed IIRC so I suppose that it is
not attributes]). The scenario you discuss here is of two children of the
extension node having basically incompatible reasons for extending the
document.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen