ubl message

Subject: Some comments to UBL V2.0 WD

Dear Peter Borresen,
Thank you very much for your sending us UBL V2.0 WD5.

1. Checking UBL V2.0 WD5
I have checked the V2.0 spreadsheets at my view points.
My view points are followings.
- The resolutions, which were submitted by JPLSC in March 2005, are
reflected or not to V2.0 WD.
- JPLSC has mapped Japanese major business document to UBL V1.0 about one
year ago. I have mapped again to UBL V2.0 WD.
The results of my checking are followings.
- All of resolutions, which were submitted by JPLSC in March 2005, are
reflected to V2.0 WD correctly.
- In the procedures of mapping to UBL V2.0 WD, I have confirmed that the new
V2.0 WD is well designed. Even though there are many changes in UBL V2.0 WD
to V1.0, I thought that the architecture and contents are good. I have not
found mistakes or bugs in the new V2.0 WD other than the following point.

2. Question and comment regarding Order business document
(1) Question and comment about total amount
There was LineExtensionTotalAmount (BBIE) in UBL V1.0. The definition is
'the total of line item extension amounts for the entire Order, but not
adjusted by any payment settlement discount or taxation'.
This LineExtensionTotalAmount (BBIE) means total amount excluding allowance
charges and taxation.

Where is the same meaning BIE in UBL V2.0 WD?
There is LegalTotal (ASBIE) in UBL V2.0 WD. The definition is 'An
association to the total amounts for the Order net of allowances and taxes
(as projected by the Buyer)' I think this LegalTotal (ASBIE) is total amount
including allowance charges and taxation.
There is TaxExclusiveAmount (BBIE) in LegalTotal (ABIE). The definition is
'The total amount exclusive of taxes.
I think that the equivalent BIE of LineExtensionTotalAmount (BBIE) in UBL
V1.0 is TaxExclusiveAmount (BBIE) in UBL V2.0 WD. Is my understanding
correct?
I think that the definition of LegalTotal (ASBIE) should be revised. For
example: 'An association to the total amounts for the Order (as projected by
the Buyer)'. Reason: LegalTotal ABIE defines total amount of both excluding
allowances and taxes, and including allowances and taxes.

(2) Some editing errors
(a) The definition of LegalTotal (ASBIE)
Error: An assocation to the total amounts for the Order net of allowances
and taxes (as projected by the Buyer)
True: An association to the total amounts for the Order net of allowances
and taxes (as projected by the Buyer)
(b) The definition of TaxExclusiveAmount
Error: The total amount exclusive of texes.
True: The total amount exclusive of taxes.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513