ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Sanity check on WD5 code lists

Another issue came up while I was writing up some training slides today:

At 2006-06-24 22:19 -0400, I wrote:
>I've just run my processes against the WD5 XSD
>files and created the revised second-pass code
>list value validation default stylesheet.
>
>I note that according to a programmatic analysis
>of the XSD files, only 3 ATG2 code lists and 5
>UBL code lists are actually in play:
>
>match="@mimeCode"
>match="@unitCode"
>match="@currencyID"
>match="cbc:ChannelCode"
>match="cbc:ConditionCode"  (using TransportationStatusCodeType.gc)
>match="cbc:DocumentStatusCode"
>match="cbc:LatitudeDirectionCode"
>match="cbc:LongitudeDirectionCode"
>
>This tells me that the ATG2 language code list
>is not in use; though the XSD enumeration file
>for language code is there, it appears there is
>no information item that makes reference to the XSD file.

Thanks, Sylvia, for indicating last night that
you will be researching the use of the ATG2 language code list.

>This also tells me that the following code lists
>for which I have genericode files are not engaged for use in the schemas:
>
>PackingTypeCodeType.gc
>TransportationModeCodeType.gc
>UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc

The first two are now going to be addressed in
the revised models, and we thought last night
that UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc would be moving
into the "special-purpose" directory for selective use by trading partners.

I see this morning that UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc
is the same enumeration as the ATG2
UnitCodeContentType.gc ... which would explain
why it wasn't being engaged as it was already covered.

So, I'm proposing a change to the decision last
night.  Now I think we just need to remove the
UnitOfMeasureCodeType.gc file from the directories.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04