ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 26|27 June 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 27 JUNE 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      GKH: SC34 WG1 is 6 August; WG3 has been moved to 11-13
      August.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: Working meeting tomorrow, general meeting Thursday.

   Team report: Code Lists

      GKH: No feedback received on Code List Methodology 0.6.  For
      the record, it should be noted that the schematron
      stylesheets in 0.6 are versions of schematron 1.5 that have
      been modified to use the namespace of ISO schematron (which
      is not yet available) so that people can use the new ISO
      namespace even though there is no implementation of that
      yet. The modules in the package implement enough of the ISO
      schematron to give us a good defaultCodeList.xsl file.  This
      is documented in 0.6.

      SW: Regarding the question of code lists not being used: we
      discussed this in PSC and agreed that two of the code lists
      have typos: "packing" instead of "packaging" and "transport"
      instead of "transportation" -- so the apparently unused code
      lists will be pulled in when these typos are fixed.  Unit of
      Measure is not used but is included for customization and
      subsets.  PB has the action item to correct these errors in
      the spreadsheets.

      GKH: So Units of Measure will get moved from the default
      directory to the special-purpose directory and omitted from
      defaultCodeList.xsl.  What about the CEFACT Language code
      list?

      SW: Did not discuss in PSC; will add to agenda for the
      Friday call.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: PB will be on vacation beginning Monday till 31 July;
      ML's ability to attend is unknown; so we're suspending PSC
      meetings till 31 July.  GEFEG is waiting for another draft
      of NDR so that we can correct the naming problem.  PB to put
      all spreadsheet masters in the PSC library (the Friday
      meeting is special to get his participation).

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Pretty quiet, nothing to report.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      See next.

TEST BUILD DIRECTORY STRUCTURE REVIEW

   We reviewed the status of each piece we're trying to assemble
   for a test in GKH's Friday tutorial ("prd" means the first 2.0
   public review draft).

   art/

      Same as prd; TM owes updates to comprehend two new document
      types.

   asn/

      Not expecting this prior to the next public review.

   cl/

      GKH will provide the latest cl directory, including
      defaultCodeList.xsl (which gets moved to the validate
      directory).

   cl/gc
   cl/gc/cefact

      GKH/SW: Our understanding is that the values of the enums
      have not changed since 1.0; they will be taken from the
      latest schema drafts.

   cl/gc/default
   cl/gc/special-purpose

   cl/xsdcl

      The xsdcl files are enums for default and special-purpose,
      provided for users wanting xsd versions of the code lists.

   cl/xsdcl/default
   cl/xsdcl/special-purpose

      JB: We will need to provide instructions to users on how to
      create their own enum-based schemas from these files (e.g.,
      how to set up namespace declarations).

      SW: Will look into this.

   doc
   doc/etc

      May disappear; blank for this week.

   doc/ndr

      Will eventually contain the NDR checklist; blank for this
      week.  The question of how the NDR document itself will be
      published (separate Standard, separate CS, part of the 2.0
      release) remains to be determined.

   mod
   mod/lib
   mod/maindoc

      For Friday, these should contain the spreadsheets from WD5.

   uml
   uml/concept
   uml/implem

      TM: Nearly finished with these diagrams and have sent a
      draft to PSC; should be done by Friday.  The diagrams in the
      last set were criticized for being too big to print out
      well, so this time we've broken them down into one diagram
      for every ABIE.  The material is now too big (12 MB) for
      inclusion in a PDF, so it should be linked to somewhere.

      JB: But there is no way to assign a URL at OASIS.  The
      problem here is the requirement to provide a PDF; this is an
      unworkable policy.

      AGREED that we will include the diagrams as part of the
      release package and that they will all go into a single flat
      uml directory (no further need for concept and implem
      subdirectories).

      TM: Updating the process diagrams for index.html as well;
      expect in the same package Friday. Will send GKH and JB a
      link to the current draft for use in the classroom test
      build.

   validate/

      JB working on this (ran into problem with line endings
      crossing the XP/linux boundary).

   xml (sample instances)

      SW: The problem is that we can't get the instances to have
      correct names with the current naming problems; PB is trying
      to get a consulting resource dedicated to doing the
      instances in his absences, but haven't heard of the outcome.
      No sample instances this week.

      GKH: So what I'm preparing for the class Friday will be what
      I'm using for the UBL tutorial in Montreal.

      SW: We also needed use cases/scenarios from TM, and those
      are not complete; TM is trying to decide whether to use the
      office supply scenario or a new building materials scenario.

      GKH: May leave this directory empty in the test version.

   xsd
   xsd/common
   xsd/maindoc

      SW: Still have two schemas left to create.

      GKH: If we get a new set by build time, will include;
      otherwise will go with WD5.  Timing on this is not critical,
      as the classroom exercises won't be relying on them.

   xsdrt
   xsdrt/common
   xsdrt/maindoc

      Created automatically from xsd files.

THIS WEEK'S WORK PLAN

   JB to focus on index.html and documentation; GKH to use
   tonight's directory structure; use prd for output samples.

   JB to provide GKH index.html and validate by Thursday p.m.

   SW: The critical path for work next week is getting the NDR
   language done and accepted.  PB has sent mail to the list and
   the NDR editors.  Note that the GEFEG developers go on vacation
   next week.

   The group could not agree on whether NDRs can cover rules for
   dictionary entry names.

   ACTION: TM to review the NDRs on this and prepare a briefing
   paper for this week's Atlantic call.

MONTREAL TC MEETING

   JB: Nothing new.

   AS: Four-day or 4.5-day format.

   JB: Don't know; we need to discuss this in the Atlantic call.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: NDR editors to look at the syntax of the QDT for
   ChannelCode and tell TM whether this is a legal restriction.

      Pending.

   ACTION: TM to talk to PB about putting the change log into a
   form that will help indicate the differences between this
   review package and the last one.

      Pending. PB to try for a diff to TM by Friday.

   ACTION: TM to mail comment submitters with disposition of
   comments.

      Pending.

   ACTION: JB to check with MC about possibly chairing the call
   7/19.

      Done; MC will chair the call.

JB: Note that there are no UBL TC calls next week.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC