ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: ABIEs reference table and others to UBL V2.0 WD5

Dear Tim McGrath,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply and thoughtful comments.
I added my comments to your comments in line started by "YS".
I revised the Reference Table according to your comments.
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim McGrath" <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au>
To: "Yukinori Saito" <saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp>
Cc: "UBL) Peter Borresen" <PLB@itst.dk>; "UBL TC"
<ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>; "大塚商会)伊藤様" <N.Itoh@otsuka-shokai.co.jp>;
"大阪工業大学)内藤様" <naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp>; "石油化学工業協会)上野様"
<kueno@iea.att.ne.jp>; "ジャストシステム)大野様"
<kunio_ohno@justsystem.co.jp>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:42 PM

Peter is about to take leave for a month so I will respond.

thank you very much. this is an amazing piece of work. what i now
realize is that these tables perfectly complement the view given by the
UML class diagrams. i am redrawing these UML diagrams to describe the
'children' of each ABIE, so this will be your 'used in' tables in
diagram form. you have made my work a lot easier.

also, what you have defined in the reference table are the 'parents'.
Jon and I will work on how to best incorporate this into the index.html
and package structure.

i also have some responses to your comments...

Yukinori Saito wrote:

>2. Comments to UBL V2.0 and WD5
>In the procedures of making these files, I have noticed the following
>comments to UBL V2.0 and WD5.
>2.1 Spreadsheet
>I think that the following findings are inconsistency in the spreadsheets.
>If these are any kinds of errors, please revise these items.
>(1) DocumentResponse (ABIE)
>There is DocumentResponse (ABIE) in the Common Library.
>However, there is no business documents nor ABIEs in the Common Library
>which are referring to the DocumentResponse (ABIE).

I think the new ApplicationResponse document type uses the
DocumentResponse ABIE.

YS: I am sorry. This is my mistake.
Yes, the new ApplicationResponse document type uses the DocumentResponse
ABIE.
I revised my Reference Table.

>(2) CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE)
>There is  CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE) in the Common Library.
>However, there is no business documents nor ABIEs in the Common Library
>which are referring to the CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE).

I agree, this seems to have been replaced bu q aulified CatalogueLine
known as RequestedCatalogueLine. we should remove it from the library.

>(3) Signature (ASBIE) in the business documents
>Almost business documents have Signature (ASBIE) in the document contents.
>However, the following business documents have no Signature (ASBIE) in the
>document contents.
>- Cotalogue Request

i think this is correct as this is not a document worthy of formal
authentication.

YS: I understand what you said.
But, I think the followings.
There are 31 business document types in UBL V2.0.
30 business documents uses Signature ASBIE in the document elements.
Only one business document (Catalogue Request) does not use Signature ASBIE
in the document elements. This is exception regarding authentication
function in UBL 31 business document types  .
I think that it will be much better to think that all business document
types in UBL specifications have authentication function.
In case some users don't want to use authentication function in some
business documents (e.g. Catalogue Request), then the user can make business
document by removing Signature (ASBIE) element in the business document.
This is not my strong opinion.
If your PSC and UBL members agree with your judgment, it will be OK.

>- Certificate of Origin

this actually has several Signatures, both under the
CertificateOfOriginApplication (ABIE) and the various Endorsement
(ABIEs). so while the whole document is not signed, the constituent
parts are. i think this suits the requirements. for example, the
business process for this document type would make it hard the digitally
sign the entire document.

YS: I am sorry. This is my mistake of evaluation regarding ABIE reference.
I understand that Certificate of Origin business document uses Signature
(ASBIE) in the children ABIS (e.g. CertificateOfOriginApplication (ABIE),
various Endorsement).

>2.2 index.html (UBL main specification )
>As you know, the following two business document types added recently.
>- Reminder
>- Transportation Status
>Please, revise index.html to match the spreadsheets.

thnaks for reminding us, Jon is working on this.

>Best Regards,
>Yukinori Saito
>Yukinori Saito
>Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
>e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
>Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228
web: http://www.portcomm.com.au/tmcgrath