ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Two essential items for Atlantic call

>    UBLExtensionType:

I had originally thought it would look something like this:

        <xsd:complexType name="UBLExtensionType">
        	<xsd:sequence>
		<xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="skip" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        	</xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>

The "minOccurs='1'" was because I had figured the 'UBLExtension' element itself would be optional and so, if one existed, it should have something in it.
After perusing the messages on this topic, I guess it looks like some are recommending something like this:

<xsd:complexType name="UBLExtensionType">
    <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:ID" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:Name" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:AgencyID " minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:AgencyName" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:VersionID" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:AgencyURI" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:URI" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:ExtensionReasonCode" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:ExtensionReason" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
        <xsd:element ref="cbc:ExtensionContentAny" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

I have one concern about this model (but will go along with the consensus):

    - One might argue that all of these elements (except for 'ExtensionContent') are properties of the ''ExtensionContent' element, *not* the 'UBLExtension' element.
Bottom line: Because we have already opened up the 'UBLExtension' element to contain any well-formed XML, I don't really have any technical reason to disagree with whatever the consensus is, as long as the types we define (and elements we declare) follow the NDR.

>   Version numbers in file names (not in namespace URIs):

I vote for including the minor version in the file name. Two schema representing two different models should *not* have the same file name (even though one is an extension of the other); not only would confusion ensue, but it just doesn't seem right...

Thank you,
Mike Grimley