ubl message

Subject: Ballot: UBL 2.0 Committee Draft for second public review

Hello UBL TC,

This message is to announce the start of balloting UBL 2.0 as an
OASIS Committee Draft.  Please read the following for an
explanation of what this means and where we are in the overall
process.

Balloting opens at 10 p.m. New York time Thursday 20 July 2006 and
closes at 10 p.m. New York time Thursday 27 2006.  Since
quick approval would be advantageous to our release schedule, I
urge you to log in now to the UBL TC site and click on "Ballots"
to record your vote.  DO NOT use the UBL mailing list for voting;
use the web site.  Note that you will need to log in using your
OASIS password in order to vote.

DOCUMENT LOCATION

The most recent version of the candidate UBL 2.0 PRD2 CD is available
to members of the TC at

   http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/2-prd2-cd.zip

(I was unable to upload this file to the OASIS web site.
Presumably we will soon be able to provide a URL to the same file
at OASIS.)

NOTES

 - This vote is to begin a second public review; it is not a final
   approval of the specification.

 - As noted previously, the schemas in this draft package have
   been subjected to further processing following generation from
   FX and are therefore not supported by GEFEG in this form.

BALLOT TEXT

The question to be voted on reads as follows:

   Resolved,

   1. That the OASIS UBL TC approves the UBL 2.0 draft
      specification currently located at

         http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.0.zip

      as an OASIS Committee Draft.

   2. That the UBL TC chairs and secretaries are authorized to
      make such editorial and formatting changes to the approved
      document as may be required for publication as an OASIS
      Committee Draft.

   3. That the UBL TC chairs and secretaries are authorized to
      submit the approved Committee Draft for OASIS public review
      together with the adjunct materials required by the OASIS
      standardization process.

   4. That the UBL TC chairs and secretaries are authorized to
      make such further editorial and formatting changes to the
      approved Committee Draft as may be requested by OASIS
      Administration to meet the requirements of the OASIS public
      review process.

VOTING REQUIRED

Participation in a CD ballot is not optional for voting members of
the TC.  OASIS rules require "yes" votes from a majority of the
entire voting membership of the TC in order to approve a Committee
Draft.  An abstention or a failure to vote may prevent passage of
the resolutions on the ballot, and a failure to vote will count
against your standing as a voting member of the TC.

interface to accept abstentions.  You should understand, however,
that in an absolute majority vote such as this one, an abstention
has exactly the same effect as a vote to disapprove.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC