ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Comment (Procurement Content)

I suspect this is not too significant.

UBL 1.0's LineExtensionTotalAmount becomes UBL 2.0's LegalTotal /LineExtensionAmount (as Mark says).

Tax amounts are optional so it does not really make any difference - if you dont know or want them, you dont put them in.

LegalTotals/ToBePaid is mandatory and so it could be taken as equivalent to the LineExtensionAmount (on the Order).

Stephen is correct in that the values given in LegalTotal are only anticipated amounts

What we are really doing is re-using the same structure in a different context and perhaps we should have qualified its use.  For example calling it Order/AnticipatedLegalTotal and Invoice/ActualLegalTotal.  But given where we are in the schedule I can live with it as it is.

Perhaps a compromise is to write up something to this effect in the documentation (a business rule in section 5.1)?

NB Any changes at this stage that would mean implementaions built on the schemas for PRD2 would have to change, would entail a thrid public review.  That is why we say "dont change the schemas" - but in effect it is more subtle than that.

Mark Leitch wrote:
Re: [ubl] Comment (Procurement Content) I don’t think this is a big problem.  The Payable Amount will be present on all Orders and, bearing in mind that tax is informative on the majority of Orders,
  • if you know (or assume) the tax, you can use the Line Extension Amount (and, maybe, Rounding Amount) and Tax Inclusive Amount accordingly
  • if, in addition, you know the allowances and charges, you can use the Allowance Total Amount and Charge Total Amount accordingly
  • if you don’t know the tax (or even whether tax will be applied) and you do know the charges and discounts, you can use the Line Extension Amount (or Tax Exclusive Amount), Allowance Total Amount and Charge Total Amount accordingly

If you don’t know anything but the total of the extended line values, then, as far as you are concerned, the Line Extension Amount = Payable Amount.

Regards, M

Mark Leitch
Director - Tritorr Ltd
tel.:       +44 1932 821112