ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Comments (Procurement)

stephen.green@systml.co.uk wrote:

> 1. Every major UBL 1.0 document included DocumentStatusCode.
> Any reason why of those documents (I think) only DespatchAdvice and
> ReceiptAdvice have it in their UBL 2 prd2 equivalents?

 From my recollection of this we felt that  the use of a status could be
confusing for the commercial/contractual types of document (order,
invoice, etc and their variations).  it was the old "is a revised Order
the same as an Order Chnage" argument.
It does make more sense for transport related documents (such as
despatch and receipt advice) because different versions of these can be
issued as the status of the delivery progresses.

> 2. ReceiptAdvice is the only one of these documents not to have
> Shipment or Delivery at document level in UBL 2 prd2. Why is that?
> This is an issue which makes very awkward any mapping between UBL 1.0
> ReceiptAdvice and UBL 2 prd2 ReceiptAdvice.

Receipt Advice does have Shipment at the document level, it supplements
the Delivery that was in UBL 1.0 (you now have
ReceiptAdvice/Shipment/Delivery rather than ReceiptAdvice/Delivery).  So
i am not sure what you mean by this.