ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Information items in 2-prd2-cd minimal instances

At 2006-08-13 10:49 +0800, Tim McGrath wrote:
>i agree with sylvia but i think she is reading
>too much into this.  what i see in ken's
>documents is simply the "only mandatory"
>items.  that is, an automatic generation of a
>model that only contains the items flagged as mandatory in the schema.

Precisely.

>no business rules are used to guide this model
>and as such it is fairly meaningless.  no-one
>could use this model as-is.  consider the
>waybill - it only decribes a shipment and no parties involved!

Does that mean that it doesn't have sufficient
mandatory elements for a UBL document type?

>i suspect ken was seeing value in a "meets all
>mandatory requirements" generic model for
>minimum compliance checking. but i am think this
>is more a technical objective than a business one.

Kind of ... but is there a business benefit
enabled by the technical enabling of a
transaction of core information upon which the receiver adds what is needed.

>in fact there is a danger here that this type of
>model may become a target for compliance in
>application interfaces.  i am not sure we want that.

I think it is worth discussing.

Thanks, Tim!

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training:         Vårø, Denmark 06-09-25/10-06
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc