ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Update on UBL and CEFACT: State of play and the way ahead

I would have to pass your points 2) and 3) on to Mark and CEFACT.  However, i understand that TBG1 attendees at the recent meeting are preparing the minutes, notes and supporting documents so it may be wise to await their description of events before we go down that path.

As far as the UBL position goes we have deliberately tried not used the term 'harmonization' in any of our plans.  I think the activity currently engaged by the UBL-TBG1 group is that given as Task 3 in our agreed activites and next steps plan.  This is...
•    Task 3: Detailed (post-2.0 convergence) GAP analysis
The objective is to identify the all differences between the documents in common between UBL and TBG1.  This will form the basis for planned convergence of UBL schemas and TBG1 Business Requirement Specifications.
So where it says "rather than 'harmonising' our individual outputs, our task is to co[n]verge towards a third solution that combines the best of the individual standards." I see that as convergence, so i wouldn't consider it out of scope for their brief.

However, i infer you are uncomfortable with this approach.  Maybe you could share your concerns between harmonization and convergence and why you think it is important to isolate the two?  It is fairly critical that none of us have different understandings of what we are trying to achieve.

Sylvia Webb wrote:
Tim,
I am participating in the TBG17 F2F meeting this week and will not be able
to participate in the Wednesday UBL call. Rather than make any comments
about my opinions via email, I have a few questions for you and Mark Palmer:

1) Please point me to the UBL minutes which empowered this TBG1/UBL team to
change the previously agreed task of harmonization to, and I quote, "our
task is to converge towards a third solution that combines the best of the
individual standards."
2) Please point me to the location of the public portion of Bureau minutes
where this group was empowered to make decisions concerning a solution other
than the previously agreed ones on harmonization.
3) Please point me to the location of the public portion of the FMG minutes
where the Bureau decision to empower this coordination team was discussed
with the FMG.

Regards,
Sylvia