ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Copy edits to the document spreadsheets

i have responded for the TSC questions.

jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:

>A couple of questions remained unanswered at the end of this
>exercise; I refer them to the PSC for disposition:
>
> - UBL-ForwardingInstructions-2.0 and
>   UBL-TransportationStatus-2.0.xls contain the following
>   definition:
>
>      "Reference number assigned by a carrier or its agent to
>      identify a specific shipment such as a booking reference
>      number when cargo space is reserved prior to loading."
>
>   Does this mean
>
>      Reference number assigned by a carrier or its agent to
>      identify a specific shipment, such as a booking reference
>      number when cargo space is reserved prior to loading.
>
>   Or does it mean
>
>      Reference number assigned by a carrier or its agent to
>      identify a specific shipment, such as a booking reference
>      number, when cargo space is reserved prior to loading.

This is really a TSC question.  My vote is for

      Reference number assigned by a carrier or its agent to
      identify a specific shipment, such as a booking reference
      number, when cargo space is reserved prior to loading.
but more correctly
      Reference number, such as a booking reference
      number, assigned by a carrier or its agent to
      identify a specific shipment when cargo space is reserved prior to loading.

> - UBL-ForwardingInstructions-2.0 contains the definition "Name of
>   a Forwarding Instructions."  Can we say ""Name of a Forwarding
>   Instructions document" instead?

Again, this is really a TSC question.  Maybe it is better as...

"Name of THE Forwarding Instructions document"

--
regards
tim mcgrath