ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Update to Action Items for proposed PRD2 to PRD3 change log

For the record, I've received off-line (with many
thanks to the shy submitter!) a report of
problems with the canonical URI's used for the
prepared and the synthesized genericode files in PRD2.

For example, two examples of listSchemeURI
properties listed in UBL-qDT-2.0.ods for PRD2 are:

   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:ChannelCode-2.0
   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:ChipCode-2.0

In the "prepared" genericode files the mismatched values in PRD2 read:

   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:ChannelCode-2
   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:ChipCode-2

Two examples of the canonical version URI
properties in the "synthesized" genericode files are:

   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PriceTypeCodeType-2
   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType-2

The suggestion received was to add "Type" after
"Code" in the prepared files, but that would
require a change to the qDT.ods file to make it
match the model.  The alternative would be to
remove "Type" from the strings used in the
synthesized code list files, and I think that is the right thing to do.

Following the committee-approved qDT file,
though, it would seem that to be consistent I
also need to change the canonical version URI in
a number of ways to properly read:

   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:PriceTypeCode-2.0
   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:TaxLevelCode-2.0

I'm now curious about my use of similar strings
(that would now need to be modified) for the
canonical URI, in parallel with the canonical version URI:

   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:PriceTypeCode
   urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:TaxLevelCode

But I note that qDT has no values for list URI,
so during this change I believe instead that I
actually have to remove all uses of strings in canonical URI.

So, where I now have in the synthesized empty genericode files for PRD2:

       <CanonicalUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType-2</CanonicalVersionUri>

it would change this in PRD3 to be only the one element:

       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:TaxLevelCode-2.0</CanonicalVersionUri>

Does this seem to be the right thing to do for
these issues?  I don't want to change the qDT
file, and I do think everything needs to be consistent.

Thanks for any direction from anyone in this regard!

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com