ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Namespace URI for UN/CEFACT currency code list

obviously this value is set and maintained by CEFACT so your comment
really goes into the NDR/ATG2 discussion folder.  however, i am not sure
it is too significant.   i suspect it is because ISO is agency code
number "5" in  UN Code list responsible agency code (element 3055).
This is also why we use "6" to denote UN/ECE in some of our codes.

as you say this code list reference only applies to attributes of
AmountType elements.  That is why it isn't the same as CurrencyCodeType,
although at this stage they have the same values.  down the track it is
possible that as ISO update currency codes CurrencyCodeType will change
independently of the one pointed to by "clm54217".  This is a good
argument for suggesting CEFACT adopt our genericode/two phase code list
mechanism.  ;-)

--
regards
tim mcgrath