ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Including code list schemas in the UBL package

(1) - should the UBL 2.0 delivery include copies of the genericode XSD files?

YES

*** NOTE: But as genericode will be a separated standard I suppose
software developers will support this directly instead of using genericode
XSDs

(2) - should the UBL 2.0 genericode files point
to these XSD files using xsi:schemaLocation with a relative URL?

? I Don't understand... genericode files should be related to the
genericode schema "genericode.xsd"

Also I am sorry but I disagree that actual UBL instances are prepared
without an xsi:schemaLocation.

The reason is an XML catalog (OASIS) have to be used to "resolve"
URI/locations in case they are not local and/or unreachable.

Before, using the UBL 1.0, I was confortable that UBL instances were
immediately able to find their XSD when using the "standard" UBL
distribution.

Using the PRD2, when I tried to open an UBL instance with my software I
have been constrained to fill my catalog.

I think a default is wanderful, this will let beginners to start using
immediately the UBL distribution "as is".

The UBL 1.0 xsi:schemaLocation for the XSD was relative to the UBL
instance, and I think that MOST XML processors that promise to support XML
instances are working heavily on this.

I hope that this will be kept on UBL 2.0.

Thank you

UBL ITLSC
co-chair
Roberto Cisternino