ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL-ExtensionContentDatatype-2.0.xsd

At 2006-09-05 11:42 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>[gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com:]
>
>| This should be innocuous, Jon ... there are no
>| child elements defined for the xsd:any element
>| except xsd:annotation and there are no annotations defined.
>
>Well, the difference may be innocuous, but the two forms are not
>identical....

But they express identical constraints in XSD,
thus the syntactic expression difference has no effect in any processing.

>And one form gets used in xsd whereas the other form
>gets used in xsdrt.  Since <xsd:any...>...</xsd:any> is the form
>that has to be used in the xsd, that's the form it should have in
>xsdrt, too.

But consider that in the CAC module
UBL-CommonAggregateComponents-2.0.xsd the first
element reference in the first type (AddressType)
reads in the xsd directory as:

       <xsd:element ref="cbc:ID" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
         <xsd:annotation>
           <xsd:documentation>
             <ccts:Component>
               <ccts:ComponentType>BBIE</ccts:ComponentType>
               <ccts:DictionaryEntryName>Address.
Identifier</ccts:DictionaryEntryName>
               <ccts:Definition>An identifier for
a specific address within a scheme of registered addresses.</ccts:Definition>
               <ccts:Cardinality>0..1</ccts:Cardinality>
               <ccts:ObjectClass>Address</ccts:ObjectClass>
               <ccts:PropertyTerm>Identifier</ccts:PropertyTerm>
               <ccts:RepresentationTerm>Identifier</ccts:RepresentationTerm>
               <ccts:DataType>Identifier. Type</ccts:DataType>
               <ccts:AlternativeBusinessTerms>DetailsKey</ccts:AlternativeBusinessTerms>
             </ccts:Component>
           </xsd:documentation>
         </xsd:annotation>
       </xsd:element>

and reads in the xsdrt directory as:

       <xsd:element ref="cbc:ID" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

In both of those cases the different syntax still
expresses the identical constraints.

But ... now I'm losing track of the problem ...

At 2006-09-05 09:34 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>Is there a reason that ExtensionContentType changed from an
>element without content in PRD2 to an empty element in PRD3?

I just opened the
UBL-ExtensionContentDatatype-2.0.xsd file in the
xsd.zip that was posted today and I note this
file does have content for the <xsd:any> just as was there for PRD2:

   <xsd:complexType name="ExtensionContentType">
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1" processContents="skip">
         <xsd:annotation>
           <xsd:documentation>
             The definition of the extension content.
           </xsd:documentation>
         </xsd:annotation>
       </xsd:any>
     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

The annotations are appropriately removed in the
xsdrt.zip that was posted today:

   <xsd:complexType name="ExtensionContentType">
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1" processContents="skip"/>
     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

Where do you see the <xsd:any> element that does
not have children that you cited in the first post of this thread?

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com