ubl message

Subject: Fw: Fixed attributes

I think that this is being taken care of, but I'm forwarding
Stephen's message just to put it in the queue for today's Atlantic
UBL TC call.

Jon

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:28:38 +0100
From: Stephen Green <stephen_green@bristol-city.gov.uk>
Subject: Fixed attributes
To: gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com, plb@itst.dk, GrimleyMJ@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil,
        tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au, jon.bosak@sun.com

Folks,

Sorry to have to post directly (dropped from member list due to admin problem)

I just noticed that the QualifiedDatatypes still have all the attributes as fixed.
Is this still intentional as it means they would break backwards compatibility if
changed in future minor versions. e.g. currency version is still fixed to "2001"
version. It also means they cannot be changed in customisations so a country
with a currency not on the list might not be ever able to use UBL 2. I'm not sure
genericode will circumvent this problem.

example

<xsd:attribute name="listName" type="xsd:string" fixed="Currency" use="optional"/>
<xsd:attribute name="listVersionID" type="xsd:normalizedString" fixed="2001" use="optional"/>
        Congratulations at this milestone though.

I thought it was decided this would be

<xsd:attribute name="listName" type="xsd:string" default="Currency" use="optional"/>
<xsd:attribute name="listVersionID" type="xsd:normalizedString" default="2001" use="optional"/>

All the best

Steve