ubl message

Subject: Comments to UBL-index.-2.0.html in prd3-sanity1

Dear Jon Bosak,
Dear Tim McGrath,

I have checked UBL-index.-2.0.html in prd3-sanity1.
The followings are comments to UBL-index.-2.0.html in prd3-sanity1

1. Good revised points
(1) Section 5.2.1 Party Roles
The definition of Consignor are changed according to JPLSC's comments. Thank
you.
(2) Section 5.11 Document Types
The Document names are listed business process order. And the Submitter Role
and the Received Role are added in this table. This is very good. We can
understand Document Types more easily and more correctly.
(3) Appendix B.3.4 Change to Basic Information Entities
The Change reasons are added in the list. This is very good to understand.
(4) : UBL 2.0 Document Models
Two diagrams (Spreadsheet Architecture and Spreadsheet to Schema
Relationship) are added. These diagrams are very good to understand.
(5) Appendix D.1 The Common Library
The UBL-ABIE-Reuse-Table (Cross-reference table of BIE) is added according
to JPLSC's proposal. Thank you very much.

2. Questions and comments
(1) Style of this specification
Some diagrams are revised to get more readability.
In Japan, we usually print these kind of specifications to A4 size paper.
We usually print the A4 size paper in the direction where the vertical
direction is long. In case to print the UBL-index.-2.0.html in the direction
where the vertical direction is long, many tables and figures are overflowed
in A4 size paper. The right parts are not printed on A4 size paper.
Then, I printed the UBL-index.-2.0.html in the direction where the
horizontal direction is long, I have gotten more readability. Many tables
and figures are printed in A4 size paper.
Question: How to print this kind of specifications in the West people (North
America and Europe) regularly? What is the paper size, and the printing
direction (vertical long direction or horizontal long direction)?
If your West people have no problems in this point (paper printing format),
it will be OK.

(2) "Transportation Status" document type in the Initiate Service Process
(Section 5.8)
The "Transportation Status" document type was added in the Initiate Service
Process recently.
But the "Transportation Status" document type is not described in the
Initiate Service Process diagram (Figure 19).
We think the "Transportation Status" document type had better to be added in
this Figure 19.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
(Vice Chair of UBL JPLSC)
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513