ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Validating UBL 2.0 genericode files with Altova XMLSpy

I think the problem is how to configure XMLSpy to
associate a schema location with a namespace.

Reviewing the XML Catalog specification, it seems
the catalogue is only useful for mapping URI
references to physical references.  Without a
schemaLocation attribute in the genericode
instances there are no URI references with which to map using a catalogue.

I'm still in favour of not having schemaLocation
in the instances because, as discussed in the
teleconference, tying a schema to an instance
harkens back to the SGML days and limits the
flexibility of life-cycle management of the
instance and using different document models at
different times for a given instance.

If there is a problem with a particular tool, in
this case XMLSpy, then the question is what is
available in XMLSpy to map a namespace to a schema location?

In oXygen the menu item is
Options/Preferences/Editor/Default Schema
Association, and with that control I can
determine in my editing environment which schema
to use for which namespace.  This allows me to
edit the instance without tying the instance to any particular schema.

So ... I can do what is necessary in oXygen ...
Juerg cannot, apparently, do the same in XMLSpy,
so the question is "is there some configuration
in XMLSpy to map a namespace to a schema?"

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com