ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Agenda items for Singapore

At 2006-09-29 22:04 -0400, Andrew Schoka wrote:
>Might there be any topics that are more focused upon implementation and the
>customizing of the schemas to subsets of the full schemas. Also important
>would be the stylesheets for producing human friendly messages to look at.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Singapore
and help to address both of these issues.

On your first item regarding customizing (our
committee's new word for "subsetting" since some
may have some extensions as well as subsets),
just this week and next I'm gaining valuable
experience implementing the Danish
Customization.  I'll be able to take this to the
meeting and review what I've learned with other committee members.

On your second item regarding stylesheets, if we
can put some time aside to revive the HISC and
have the committee produce formatting
specifications in Singapore, then it won't be
long after before stylesheet writers (including
myself) can respond to those specifications.  If
you recall what has been said in the past about
the work of the former FPSC, the committee's
objective is to equip implementers with enough
information for them to do implementations.  This
is thought to leverage the volunteer work of the
committee to do all of the necessary
interpretations of UBL that would otherwise be
unknown to implementers, thus giving those
outside of the committee all they need to apply
their expertise with the stylesheet technologies
to actually produce the formatting processes.

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com