ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agenda items for Singapore

yes, i am thinking of an end-to-end scenario that describes possible ways to implement UBL (including customization and human interfaces).

one of the themes out of the APEC symposium I attended was that to enable developing countries (and SMEs) to take advantage of UBL we need to make it clearer what is involved and what the end results may look like at the lowest common denominator of technology.  The idea was 'solutions not just standards'.  A long time ago we had a PDA interface developed that was a great educational tool.  Now we have stablized on the content of our documents we should be getting back into this type of thinking.

even if we have a very broadranging whiteboarding session in Singapore it would help us focus on some meaningful deliverables.

Andrew Schoka wrote:
Tim,
Might there be any topics that are more focused upon implementation and the
customizing of the schemas to subsets of the full schemas. Also important
would be the stylesheets for producing human friendly messages to look at.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 7:33 PM
To: jon.bosak@sun.com
Cc: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

At the TSC meeting we starting thinking about...

* Completing supplementary package
    - sample document instances
    - customization white paper
* ATG2 NDR gap analysis

to these I would add...

* Workshop on marketing and promotion for UBL 2.0
* Procedures for maintenance of UBL 2.0

jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:

Hello UBL TC,

We're starting to form the agenda for the UBL TC meeting in
Singapore.  So far I've got:

  Plenary items

     Team and subcommittee reports
     Work/meeting schedule review
     [*** more items to be added ***]

  Working group (breakout) items

     Disposition of comments: NDR 2.0
     Localization kickoff
     [*** more items to be added ***]

Please be ready to suggest additional items in next week's
Atlantic and Pacific TC calls.

Also, our hosts need to know how many people plan to attend.
Please be ready with this information as well.

If you can't attend next week's calls, please send me this
information in email.

Jon

--
regards