ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 23|24 October 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 24 OCTOBER 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      AS: TM will be attending next week's event in Sydney.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      TM: Met Monday and discussed the Signature Implementation
      Guide.  Translation is in the works but probably won't start
      till January.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Has been working on BITS.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

TC CALL SCHEDULE

   Seasonal time change coming again; see

      http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

   Thus our schedule will change next week (the week of 30
   October).  Conveniently, however, we don't have to deal with
   this for a month, because (as usual) we will not be holding
   regular TC conference calls the week before and the week after
   the next f2f TC meeting (6-10 November).  So this Pacific TC
   call (the one scheduled for 23|24 October) will be our last
   till 20|21 November.  The TC will, of course, remain active
   through email, and emergency work sessions will be scheduled as
   needed.  In particular, we may need to discuss the progress of
   UBL 2.0 through the OASIS Standardization process, so please
   hold open our usual meeting times just in case.

SUPPORT PACKAGE

   Review of the draft SP schedule:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200610/msg00038.html

   GKH: Just delivered CLVVM 0.7 Draft 2.  Want to get feedback
   for 1.0 in Singapore.  Note that we should not ratify 1.0 as CS
   till genericode is at CS.

   ACTION: JB to check on DK translation for IDD etc.

   ACTION: GKH and TM to check on translation plans with ESLSC and
   ITLSC in Copenhagen.

   TM: "Digital Signatures" should be "Signature Implementation
   Guide."  UBL 2.0 has the concept of signatures in general.

   GKH: Output specs should be based on the SBS.  Would like to
   focus on the SBS, then do the I/O specs.

   AGREED that we will concentrate on the mapping of core
   documents (sample customization) in Singapore and then use that
   as the basis for the output specs.

   ACTION: JB to contact SW for the EF data model.

MEETING CALENDAR

   "Time to firm up March 2007 meeting plans."

   AS: Appears that Washington is not among the options now being
   considered for the UN/CEFACT meeting in March 2007.

   AGREED to accept an offer to host our March 2007 meeting in
   Gaithersburg.

SBS and SBSC

   GKH: Propose to recast the SBS into BITS and take advantage of
   software to synthesize a subset from revised spreadsheets.

   AGREED to form a statement of work (and begin work) in
   Singapore, then recruit a co-chair and participants for the
   SBSC.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: TM to ping the PSC list regarding meeting plans.

      Done.

   ACTION: TM to draft time schedule for specific Singapore agenda
   items; JB to put them into the usual meeting agenda template.

      Done.

   ACTION: JB to check with SG regarding his plans for
   participation.

      Done.

   ACTION: JB to propose the template for UBL 2.0 spreadsheet
   translations.

      Pending.

   ACTION: JB to check with PB and MHB regarding status.

      Done (see last week's Atlantic call).

   ACTION: TM to inform UN/CEFACT on approval of UBL 2.0 as an
   OASIS Committee Specification.

      Done (at MoU/MG meeting).

      TM: Informed the MoU/MG that UBL 2.0 is now a Committee
      Specification.  Described the agreement with UN/CEFACT; in
      particular, (1) that UN/CEFACT recognizes UBL 2.0 as
      acceptable for adoption today, and (2) that UBL 2.0 will be
      the precursor to what comes out of UN/CEFACT.  Also reviewed
      collaboration efforts between UBL and UN/CEFACT working
      groups, in particular progress on a gap analysis of the
      cross-industry invoice in TBG1.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC