ubl message

Subject: Editorial inconsistency detected in the spreadsheets re: cell data type

Hello all,

This weekend I've been working on Crane's
customization of the UBL 2.0 Invoice, and I've
tripped over an editorial inconsistency in the spreadsheets.

It seems that some "mandatory" cardinality values
in the spreadsheet are expressed as the string
"1" while others are expressed as the number 1.

There are many of these inconsistencies, but two
that are close together can be found in the
Common Library ABIE named
CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdateLine where of the
four items, two are mandatory: "ID" is specified
with the string "1" and "Item" is specified with the number 1.

I've worked around it, but I've had to add
special code to my work to accommodate this inconsistency.

I would surely count changing all of the numbers
to strings as a non-substantive editorial repair,
but whether or not we act on it can perhaps be
added at our next teleconference after the face-to-face.

I don't think it is critical that we address this
in Singapore since we are still awaiting public
comment on the documents, and even if we decide
to do nothing, at least by identifying it now we
can document the inconsistency so that others do
not spend their time analyzing the same problems
I had only to find out the input data was not consistent.

If I find other issues I'll post them separately as a new discussion thread.

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com