ubl message

Subject: SV: [ubl] Discussion Paper on Customization

Hi Tim

It is indeed a very interesting paper. I think is is very valid to dicuss and define the customization process and work toward a unified theory. From the convertion process with TBG1 we realized that different views on the customizationprocess reflects the view on the standard. So if you do not know the scope of the customization it becomes difficult to define the scope of the standard. I do hope we get time to dicuss this in Copenhagen and I must say that I am sorry that I cannot be there in Singapore to discuss it with you all at the UBL plenary.

Kind regards

Peter
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sendt: 30. oktober 2006 05:31
Til: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Emne: [ubl] Discussion Paper on Customization

I have recently uploaded a copy of a position paper entitled "Customizing UBL – toward a unified theory".

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/download.php/20913/draft-mcgrath-customization-2-1.zip

<>It is intended as input into discussion at the forthcoming plenary so any comment received before then would be welcomed.

The paper includes a placeholder for the work of Ken Holman regarding validation and verification of implementations.

Finally, there are some caveats to this work...

a. it is a rough draft published to alow debate and is very far from polished.
b. it is an amalgamation from different sources so the style may be irregular.
c. i have plagarized and possibly misrepresented some arguments - please complain if i have.

--
regards
tim mcgrath