ubl message

Subject: "Posting committee resources" - work session on Kavi practices

As part of today's plenary work sessions, I'm
presenting practices used for the Kavi repository
and the OASIS document repository that I have found helpful.

For small files:
---------------

I've posted step-by-step instructions as part of
my work for the Code List Representation Technical Committee:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200609/msg00015.html

Of note, I recommend one never uses the default
email notification feature when posting anything
to Kavi ... rather ... one takes the
responsibility to post their own link to the mail
list when the resource is available.

Also important, hovering over the hyperlink to a
Kavi resource exposes the repository document
number of that resource in the browser status
bar.  Alternatively, one can open the "Details"
meta data page for a resource and see the
repository document number in the browser address bar.

For large files:
---------------

Kavi does not accept large files, so it is
necessary to post large files (with the
assistance of OASIS staff) to the committee docs directory:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/

It is our responsibility to maintain individual
version information and links in a readme file:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/XPath-files/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/XPath-files/XPath-files-readme.html

For compressed archives it is necessary to
include a ".txt" so that visitors do not have to
download the archive just to see which files are inside.

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/XPath-files/UBL-2.0-20061006-XPath-filelist.txt

For document notifications to the list:
--------------------------------------

To publicly cite a document in the Kavi
repository such that the public can access it
without needing an OASIS password, use the
following pro forma hyperlink and add the
repository document number at the end of the address:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=

For example, the Danish OIOUBL project status
report to this week's plenary is at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=21056

Without doing the above, any link posted by Kavi
with the automatic email notification is
constructed such that one must sign in with one's OASIS username and password.

Note that it is OASIS policy that once a document
is published publicly, it cannot be deleted and
must forever be publicly accessible.

I will walk through this at the end of the afternoon break.

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com