ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] DK guideline about signature in english

Title: DK guideline about signature in english

Peter,

I have read your OIOUBL guideline for signature and I recognise you have done quite a good job. Nevertheless, I want to ask some questions about it because the spanish legislation mandates the use of a digital signature attached to the actual invoice document to guarantee the integrity of the document and the identity of the sender, and that is a legal requirement you are excluding in your document in 3.1.

I first thought that point 3.4 in your document was enough to accomplish the spanish requirement, however, I see that probably we need something more. I agree with your interpretation of the UBL Signature component, but I don’t understand why it has to refer to another document through an external reference.

Do you think that we could find a way to sign the actual document, without the need to store the original one wherever in the network?

Should we attach or embed an XML DSIG or XADES as is, in XML (maybe as an extension) rather than in Base64 encoding?

Tell me if I’m wrong, but I think the process to get a document signed is something difficult, because, if I have understood it well, you have to stamp the signature and publish the original document somewhere in order to be validated by the receiver.

Finally, talking about the validation method, it seems something like a trusted third party service that modifies the actual document in order to add information about when and where the signature has been validated. Here there are two points, the first one is that with this approach, it seems that the receiver cannot validate the signature by itself and always has to rely on a trusted third party, and secondly, the original document is modified by that trusted third party, which I think is not really safe.

Regards,

Oriol