ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 December 2006

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16:00 - 18:00 UTC WEDNESDAY 13 DECEMBER 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Peter Borresen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Betty Harvey
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
   Review of Pacific call

      JB: The Pacific call minutes were posted too late for
      members to download them before this meeting, so we'll pick
      them up next time.

UBL 2.0 PRESS RELEASE

   PB: Helle working on a quote for ITST.

   AS: Try David Fitzpatrick for BAH EFM reference.

MEETING CALENDAR

   JB: See minutes of 29 November.  Note that this call is our
   last Atlantic TC call till 10 January 2007, but we will
   continue working by email in the interim, in particular on a
   review of the translation templates [see below].

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: PB to provide a discussion document on the need for a
   vendor-independent format for the UBL data model that includes
   an initial statement of requirements.

      Done.

      PB: Received mail from Mark Crawford regarding something
      similar in UN/CEFACT.  TMG may want to do an XMI version of
      CCTS, but this seems more focused on how to represent the
      model in UML than on how to do customization.  So this is
      definitely in the neighborhood of my proposal, but I'm not
      sure that we can build on it.  I have written the spec
      editor, Steve Campbell, and will try to get in touch
      regarding collaboration.

NDR 2.0 SCHEDULING

   JB: Just talked to MC; we think that it would be good to hold a
   second public review right after we start calls again in
   January and be ready to publish after she gets back in
   February.

   AGREED that this sounds like a plan.

OTHER BUSINESS

   AS: Does Denmark still plan to translate the OIOXML documents?

   PB: Yes, 11 of 25 docs have been translated so far.

   JB: Estimated time of completion for translating the
   spreadsheets?

   PB: We're done except for the transport docs, then we'll just
   need to put them into the LSC templates; possible delivery
   around mid-January.

   JB: From the Pacific minutes:

      ACTION: TC to review the templates this week; if no comments
      by next week, go ahead and distribute to LSCs.

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21402/idd2-templates.zip

   JB: Thanks, everyone, and have a great holiday season!

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC