ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Danish implementation of UBL published as GoodPractice Case in the EU eGovernment Good Practice Framework

Hi David

I am positively surprised that ebXML messaging (or at least the ebMS
header) was used as transport protocol on the VAN networks.

Somewhere along the lines:

"Instead of the secure VANS infrastructure (which does not use digital
signatures) in a next round the Internet based infrastructure will be
implemented, then heavily relying on digital signatures".

The way I understand [1] it is that for their next round "Internet"
infrastructure uses the Danish WS-Reliable Asynchronous Secure Profile
(WS-RASP, a Danish WS-I profile) and excludes ebXML Messaging :( which
is a pitty.

... specially as of those 1.2 million invoices (as of 2 months ago) each
one has been exclusively exchanged on the VANS with ebMS whereas 0
invoices have been exchanged with WS-RASP.

I do not understand why SME's shall not be able to use ebXML Messaging
solutions but WS-RASP solutions (none interoperabilty tested by third
parties as far as I know as opposed to ETSI ebXML PlugFest, Korbit, and
Drummond ebXML interops) even though the Danish Gov. seems to have made
good experiences with ebMS on VANS.

Maybe the NES project may have ebXML Messaging as first class citizen or
alternative option in their infrastructure considerations.

Question: Can a member of the NES project comment on their
infrastructure considerations regarding the support of ebXML
technologies (in particular ebXML Messaging)?

Regards

Sacha

[1] http://www.oio.dk/arkitektur/soa/infrastruktur/english

Am Donnerstag, den 01.02.2007, 07:06 -0700 schrieb David RR Webber
(XML):