ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] OAGIS/HR-XML

It is a fair comment and one which comes up increasingly as various XML
initiatives seek alliances to increase their market share.

I personally still believe that rather than many bilateral 'alignments'
we should all aim for a single standard.  That is, align with one common
standard.  The analogy is something like encouraging a GATT-type
solution rather than many bilateral, free-trade agreements.

At present the most likely candidate for facilitating that is
UN/CEFACT.  So my preferred approach is to avoid market confusion
(creating a possible n x n set of intermediary standards) and not waste
resources on short term strategies.  Then we can focus on the
convergence with UN/CEFACT as the best way forward for UBL.

--
regards
tim mcgrath