ubl message

Subject: Re: NDR WORK #3: CCTS REVIEW

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:44:40 -0000, <jon.bosak@sun.com> wrote:

> NDR WORK #3: CCTS REVIEW
>
>    From MG by email:
>
>       UML diagrams look fine. Two other comments though:
>
>          As an example of an Aggregate Core Component, they give
>          "Financial Account Details" ; isn't the fact that it is a
>          'financial' account giving it context?
>
>          Section 5.3.3 - Line 585: What is a BSCC?

I didn't notice this before going to Dublin, and I don't know if the NDR
editors discussed this with anyone, but here are a couple of quick answers:

* as to whether "Financial Account" should be "Financial_ Account" (i.e.
an Account with a "Financial_" qualifier), in general not every adjective
is a qualifier, sometimes they are a legitimate part of the name.  For
example, while there are going to be some similarities between a Financial
Account and a Bank Account and a Customer Charge Account, the fact remains
that "Account" is a widely used term that doesn't necessarily imply a
particular good set of re-usable business items.  For this example (which
I think has in any case been replaced in the latest version of the CCTS
document), the decision has been made that "Financial Account" is a
sensible item to use for a Core Component.  I think there will be a lot of
judgement calls like this that will have to be made in future, and we
won't get them all right first time, I suspect.

* a BSCC isn't anything, so I guess it's an ASCC with a typo.  There is no
such thing is the latest version of the document.

Cheers, Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner