ubl message

Subject: UBL 2.0 XPath files published with revised XPath file document model

With many thanks to Robin for helping me get this large file mounted,
I've updated the UBL 2.0 XPath files.

Based on feedback, the UBL 2.0 XPath files have been published using
an augmented document model that shrinks the size of the XPath files.

The current ZIP file is 294Mb, expanding to 7.3Gb when unzipped into
the individual files:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23663

The revised XPath document models are included in the ZIP above, as
well as independently collected here as part of the HISC repository:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23525

To summarize the role of these XPath files that were last published
during the Committee Specification phase of UBL 2.0, the XPath file
XML document model constructs describe the nesting of elements and
attributes.  The UBL 2.0 XPath file XML instances enumerate all
namespaces, elements and attributes found in each and every
information item context for each of the 31 UBL document
models.  Various text and instance reports are then produced from the
XPath file XML instances.

These files are used in the HISC work on stylesheet development, and
I have also used them in a project in Denmark to measure the
conformance of candidate document models of UBL customizations to the
published UBL models.  Through exhaustive enumeration of the nested
elements and attributes of the putative customization, I was able to
programmatically confirm the strict inclusion of the customization
model in the published customized models.

This exhaustive enumeration is discussed in my latest paper on UBL
customization I posted this afternoon:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654

p.s. Crane has published a revised XPath reporting application that
takes advantage of the augmented XPath document model (please see the
"Free resources" developer section of our web site linked below).

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc