ubl message

Subject: Manhattan face-to-face input by GKH

Hi folks,

I've taken the latest proposed agenda for our Manhattan face-to-face,
listed the items below where I have some input, and annotated each
one with some of the questions and the detail that I'll be bringing
to the meeting.

By bringing these points forward now, I hope that others who have
input or can use my input can better prepare for discussions at the meeting.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Status report - SBSC:
  - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23888
  - discussion re: customization or re-use NES?

Status report - HISC:
  - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23889
  - need resources

Additional Code list resources
  - code list support files
    - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23531
    - add in actual code lists or keep actual lists separate?
    - any revisions for genericode 1.0?
  - discussion of data entry
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200704/msg00025.html
    - add as informative annex to methodology?
  - latest methodology
    - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23703
    - does anything need to be changed?
    - relationship with genericode 1.0
    - should CLRTC take ownership of the validation methodology?
  - case study for CIQ
    - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23711
    - tutorial steps for a committee to follow to deploy two-pass validation

Code list validation and revision policy
  - how do we manage updates to sets of codes?
    - methodology distinguishes the delta as a separate list
augmenting the base
  - updates to code item-level meta data (multi-lingual entries)
    - changing item-level meta data doesn't change validation but can improve
      on data entry and other management issues
  - when does a code list version change?
    - only when the set of codes changes?
    - when anything (including meta data) changes?
  - code lists should be republished in genericode 1.0 when genericode 1.0 is
    finalized

Customization paper, including a discussion of conformance
  - I have input for consideration
    - chapter 3 and supported by the other chapters in:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654
  - what about structured address vs. unstructured address and the
choice that can be made by a customization?
  - customization spreadsheets for subset specification:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=21034

Schematron business rules as part of supporting materials
  - code list methodology supports modular patterns to be
incorporated into a single second pass for validation

Publication of "Approved Errata" (see OASIS TC process)
  - doesn't appear to address artefacts, only specification text
    - e.g. how is a repaired code list file distinguished from the original?
  - unless, perhaps, we just re-issue the entire os-UBL-2.0 at the same
    address as the original but with the repaired specification and
    artefacts?

Minor revision mechanics (draft expected from GKH)
  - chapter 9 and supported by the other chapters in:
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654

Minor revision notification/forecasting policy
  - collection policy
    - how do we know what people want to see in a minor version?
  - addressing policy
    - how do we deliberate on the requests for additions?
    - how do we assess appropriateness of particular additions?
      - should a request be relegated only to the extension point?
    - how do we measure urgency of particular additions?
  - release policy
    - how often do we prepare a minor release?

Miscellaneous
  - New York XML SIG presentations by GKH and Tony Coates:
    - Wednesday evening 7 to 9 p.m. at 1 New York Plaza in downtown Manhattan
    - http://www.cogx.com/?si=urn:cogx:resource:xmlsig2007-ubl
    - RSVP: http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200704/msg00055.html
  - request a leave of absence from May 22 to June 17
  - where are the old UBL presentations?

--
Upcoming hands-on training(Europe 2007): XSL-FO Jun 11; UBL Oct 01
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc