ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 4|5 June 2007

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 5 JUNE 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      TM: PSC is preparing for a meeting with UN/CEFACT TBG1 and
      the discussion of a closer liaison with the OASIS Tax XML
      TC.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Standards Denmark have decided to go with the UBL
      approach for transportation and are preparing to perform a
      gap analysis of their requirements against the 2.0 data
      items.

      JB: I've been informed that a representative will be joining
      the TSC.

      TM: One advantage of this development is that it will bring
      UBL closer to the work of UN/CEFACT.

   Review of Atlantic call 23 May 2007

      No comments.

   Support page submissions

      No external submissions this week.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   TM: Official announcement:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200706/msg00000.html

   Members planning to attend should contact TM per the message
   above in order to register with UN/CEFACT.

OTHER ACTION ITEMS

   ACTION: TM to finish editing the Danish implementation
   guidelines.  (Done.)

      Question: Is this now something for the Support Page?
      (Answer: yes, one that we have had on the list for a long
      time.) If so, a description must be created.

      ACTION: TM to write a descriptive paragraph for OIOUBL.

OTHER BUSINESS

   JB: Temporary work load plus travel will make it difficult to
   chair TC calls the weeks of 11 and 25 June.

   AGREED that we will hold TC con calls every other week for the
   next several weeks.  That is:

    - Skip the weeks of 11 June and 25 June

    - Meet the weeks of 18 June and 2 July

   [Note: the week of 2 July may be a bad bet due to the
   U.S. Independence Day holiday; we should discuss further in
   this week's Atlantic call.]

   AGREED to take care of approving the Danish guidelines for the
   Support Page in email next week.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC