ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Versioning of the IDD spreadsheets

Hello Ken,
yes it could be better,
on that time I used an automatic updated date as the date requirement was
for people working on a printed template, for a manual translation.
It was like a print date, not strictly a version date.

It is also possible I didn't understood completely the original JPLSC
requirements.

Regards

Roberto

> Hi folks,
>
> Jon's agenda reminds me to post a concern I have with the IDD
> spreadsheets.  I've been working with these spreadsheets over the
> weekend and I was mislead by cell "E1".
>
> The formula for "E1" is "=NOW()" which isn't very useful.  When I
> first saw this cell value I understood it to be a version indication
> of the spreadsheet contents.  When I opened the spreadsheet the next
> day, magically it looked like I had an updated version!
>
> Versioning the spreadsheet contents will be important, especially
> since we have to change one of the cells of one of the spreadsheets.
>
> I would suggest that the date in the cell be hardwired to either the
> date submitted by the respective LC or the date accepted by the TC or
> some other static date.  This will allow us to compare two found
> spreadsheets for change in version.
>
> A version number like "0.1" or "1.0" would also be useful in one of the
> cells.
>
> . . . . . . . . . . Ken
>
> At 2007-07-16 11:04 -0700, Jon Bosak wrote:
>>ITALIAN AND SPANISH IDD
>>
>>    See
>>
>>       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00008.html
>>
>>    We were scheduled to sign off on these today, but two errors
>>    have been found:
>>
>>       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00015.html
>

> --
> Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
> World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
> RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
> G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
> Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
> Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
> Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
> Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

Roberto Cisternino