ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 6|7 August 2007

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 7 AUGUST 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      GKH: There is another link for the October UBL workshop in
      Rome: ubl-italia.org.

      TM: Add TM to attendees in Rome.

   Review of Atlantic call (18 July)

No comments.

   Support page submissions

      No submissions this week.

ITALIAN AND SPANISH IDD

   Notes:

    - None of the typos discovered in the most recent analysis is
      substantive:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00026.html

    - The typos are in the DENs and in columns I and J -- not in
      the UBL tag names.

    - We don't know at this point whether the typos also appear in
      the documentation parts of the UBL 2.0 schemas.

    - The original UBL 2.0 spreadsheets will have to be updated by
      hand; GKH is willing to test the results again, but updating
      the spreadsheets is a separate task for which we will have
      to find a volunteer.

    - Corrections will not affect the translation work, and it
      appears that it will be better to correct the finished
      translation spreadsheets than to issue changes for
      implementation "in medias res".

    - From mail received after the meeting, it appears that
      Roberto's process can be applied after spreadsheets are
      finished.  This means that none of this should affect
      translation efforts already in progress.

   AGREED to accept Roberto's offer to regenerate the templates
   from corrected spreadsheets.  Spreadsheet correction can take
   place as part of preparing the first round of UBL 2.0 updates.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200706/msg00000.html

   Members planning to attend should contact TM per the message
   above in order to register with UN/CEFACT.

   Attendance so far: see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00035.html

   NOTE that attendees must register with their national Heads of
   Delegation.

   Agenda so far (note that the TC will be meeting in plenary all
   day Monday):

      Calculation models (GKH)
      Customization

PACIFIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN (TRACKING)

   Note that the action items from Manhattan have been divided up
   between Pacific and Atlantic calls.

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to provide feedback on UBL 2.0 SBS 2.0:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23873

      Pending.

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to summarize business rules that are (1)
   wanted in UBL but not allowed by [i.e., capable of being
   addressed by] the NDR (e.g., requirement to include one of
   PartyName and PartyIdentifier but not both) and (2) data items
   whose constraints are inherited from another standard (e.g.,
   lengths of data items specified by UNTDED); the rules so
   identified to become candidates for a list of schematron
   assertions "recommended to be included" (final characterization
   TBD).

      Pending.

TRACKING ITEM

   We need a decision from the OASIS CLR TC regarding the transfer
   of the code list methodology out of the UBL TC before we can
   begin issuing code list support updates.

UBL-CEFACT NDR COMPARISON

   The question has arisen of what we mean by "approving" a
   proposed change to the UN/CEFACT NDR (as we did recently in
   discussing the "hybrid local/global proposal").

   AGREED that what we mean by "approval" in this context is that
   we are comfortable with UN/CEFACT adopting the item in question
   -- we don't disagree with it -- but that this represents no
   commitment on the part of the UBL TC, because at this stage we
   have no intention of producing further revisions of the UBL 2
   NDR.

2008 MEETING SCHEDULE

   Possibilities currently in play:

      January 2008 in Manhattan
      March 2008 in Rome (together with UBL International Day)
      August 2008 in Montréal
      November or December 2008 in Fremantle

   Note that none of these has been decided on; they're just under
   discussion.

OTHER BUSINESS

   TM: Asuman Dogac (Turkey) is planning an issue of a journal
   devoted to UBL next year; TM will be putting out a call for
   papers.

   JB: We are back to our regular conference call schedule.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC