ubl message

Subject: Minutes for Atlantic UBL TC call 29 August 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 29 AUGUST 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   John Schwarz
   Larry Tanner DLMSO

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance

      No new items this week.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200708/msg00021.html

   JB: New URL for revised agenda (note change of Friday plenary
   schedule):

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200708/msg00029.html

   MC/MG: OK with the change. [Didn't record TonyC; sorry.]

UPDATE PACKAGE WORK LIST

   ACTION (8/15): JB to form initial list of items.  He will be
   asking for a volunteer to maintain the list going forward.

      Pending.

      JB: We can probably use the existing bug list mechanism for
      this, but I want to see the initial set before deciding.

ATLANTIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN

   ACTION: GKH to write up the "Candidate Decision Regarding Code
   List Support" as amended 10 May 2007.

      Pending.

TRACKING ITEMS FROM THE MANHATTAN F2F

   ACTION: MG to investigate the impact of GKH's proposed
   namespace-based versioning mechanism on the NDR.  AGREED that
   if no critical problems are found in this investigation, we
   will adopt GKH's proposal for namespace-based versioning, as
   contained in

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=23654

      ACTION (8/15): JB to begin an email conversation regarding
      the proposed namespace-based versioning mechanism with
      selected people outside the UBL TC, starting with the Danish
      government (PB), HL7 (Ann Wrightson), and ACORD; to include
      GKH, MG, TonyC, BH, and ZR.

         JB: The conversation continues to go well.  Lots of
         thoughtful input.

TRACKING ITEM

   We need a decision from the OASIS CLR TC regarding the transfer
   of the code list methodology out of the UBL TC before we can
   begin issuing code list support updates.

      JB: This has now been decided; the Code List Methodology
      work will be transferred to the Code List Representation TC.

      ACTION: JB and TonyC to discuss update package revision
      workflow with GKH in next week's CLR TC call.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See this week's Pacific minutes.

   Note that we are set for the meeting in Manhattan 28 January -
   1 February 2008.

   ACTION: TC to decide on the Friday schedule well in advance of
   the meeting so that people can plan travel accordingly.

   [After the call, I went ahead and booked my room at the Bedford
   (http://bedfordhotel.com/), which is about one block from the
   meeting rooms.  The current per night online rate (before
   taxes) is USD175 for a Standard Room and USD185 for a Deluxe
   Studio.  This is *way* below what the rates are going to be if
   you reserve closer to the meeting, so it would be prudent to
   make your reservation now.  You can always cancel later if you
   have to.]

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   As always, the UBL TC will not hold conference calls the weeks
   before and after the next f2f.  Therefore, our concall schedule
   for the next six weeks is as follows:

      Week of 09/03: Pacific and Atlantic calls as usual
      Week of 09/10: Pacific and Atlantic calls as usual
      Week of 09/17: NO PHONE MEETINGS
      Week of 09/24: NO PHONE MEETINGS (F2F IN STOCKHOLM)
      Week of 10/01: NO PHONE MEETINGS
      Week of 10/08: Pacific and Atlantic calls as usual

OTHER BUSINESS

   JB: PLB reports that the CEN BII workshop is going "extremely
   well" heading into a meeting next week in Brussels (see
   www.en.ds.dk/bii for details).

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC