ubl message

Subject: Re: More typos in the IDD spreadsheets and UBL 2.0 spreadsheet models

As requested here are my comments on the typos Ken identified.  Apart
from one or two items, I am happy that these are valid corrections.

As a general comment, we will have to repeat all these corrections in
the DENS in all IDD translations.

> (1) - in both UBL 2.0 Common Library spreadsheets, cell B455 reads
> "Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code Code" and should read
> "Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code. Code"

Agreed
> (2) - (this old item was moved below to be grouped with like items)
>
> (3) - in both UBL 2.0 Catalogue Request spreadsheets, cell B28 reads
> "Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request B28Line" and should read
> "Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request Line"

Agreed
> (4) - I think UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B117, B118, B119, B252,
> B279, B895, B896 and B897 are wrong:  these Dictionary Entry Names
> are comprised of only:
>
>     Object Class. Property Term Qualifier_ Property Term
>
> while all other cells similarly structured (like B112) are comprised of:
>
>     Object Class. Property Term Qualifier_ Property Term. Representation Term
>
> The repairs would be to use the following:
>
>   B117: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Contractor_ Customer Party.
> Customer Party
>   B118: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
>   B119: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Required_ Item Location
> Quantity. Item Location Quantity
>   B252: Credit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
>   B279: Debit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
>   B895: Shipment Stage. Loading Port_ Location. Location
>   B896: Shipment Stage. Unloading Port_ Location. Location
>   B897: Shipment Stage. Transship Port_ Location. Location

Agreed
> (5) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B38 has an invalid value "Allowance
> Charge. Reason. Text" and it is missing the qualifier and should be
> "Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge_ Reason. Text"  (note that if I
> have this wrong and the qualifier is supposed to be suppressed when
> equal to the class, then this isn't wrong and other cells are wrong)

You are correct, it should be "Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge_
Reason. Text"
> (6) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B253 and B254 have a DEN starting
> with "Credit Note" when the DEN should be "Credit Note Line"

Agreed
> (7) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B280 and B281 have a DEN starting
> with "Debit Note" when the DEN should be "Debit Note Line"

Agreed
> (8) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B423 has a DEN "Goods Item.
> Quantity. Quantity" that should be "Goods Item. Quantity" to follow
> the same pattern as,	 for example, cell 407 (unless B937 of "Goods
> Item. Identifier" is wrong and should be "Goods Item. Identifier. Identifier")

You are correct it should be "Goods Item. Quantity"
> (9) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G424 reads "Criterion" and should
> read "Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then
> changes F424 from "Preference" to "Preference Criterion"

Agreed
> (10) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G577 reads "Method" and should
> read "Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then
> changes F577 from "Inspection" to "Inspection Method"

Agreed
> (11) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B653 reads "Order Reference.
> Customer_Reference. Text" and should read "Order Reference. Customer_
> Reference. Text"

Agreed
> (12) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell I779 is empty and should be "Line Item"

Agreed
> (13) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B796 reads "Receipt Line. Timing
> Complaint. Code" and should read "Receipt Line. Timing Complaint
> Code. Code" because of the property term

Agreed
> (14) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G815 reads "Accounting Cost" and
> should read "Text" because the representation term is "Text", which
> then changes F815 from empty to "Accounting Cost"

This is correct as it stands, or least it is the way we intended it to
be. In fact, the pair "accountingcostcode" and "accountingcost" appear
in many places and we debated this long and hard.
The representation term does not have to be the property term noun.  The
principle we are trying to maintain is that the entire property term
(plus the object class term) provides a description of the item.  You
should be able to understand what something is just by these two
things.  The representation term is not part of the meaning of an item,
it just denotes how that item is represented.  So in many cases
(especially with codes) the representation term is repeated in the
property term - because knowing the representation helps distinguish
things like "account cost" as a code from "accounting cost" as text.  We
tend not to use "text" as a property term because it is generally
assumed and would make the names overloaded (it is the same reason we
drop it from the tag names).
when you take this into consideration then it makes sense the way we
have it.  it looks odd, becasue the 'property term posessive noun'
(column F) is "accounting cost" when it is a code and yet it is the
'propoerty term primary noun' (column G) when it is a text item.  The
shift is caused by the inclusion of 'code' as the primary noun.

> (15) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G856 reads "Level" and should read
> "Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then changes
> F856 from "Shipping Priority" to "Shipping Priority Level"

Agreed
> (16) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell E881 reads "First Arrival Port "
> and the trailing space should be removed to read "First Arrival Port"

Agreed
> (17) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell E882 reads "Last Arrival Port "
> and the trailing space should be removed to read "Last Arrival Port"

Agreed
> (18) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B939 has a DEN "Status. Percent.
> Percent" that should be "Status. Percent" to follow the same pattern
> as, for example, cell 937 (unless B937 of "Status. Text" is wrong and
> should be "Status. Text. Text")

You are correct, it should be "Status. Percent"
> (19) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B1027 reads "Transport Event.
> Transport Event Type. Code" and should read "Transport Event.
> Transport Event Type Code. Code" because of the property term

Agreed
> (20) - in the following spreadsheets, cells H4 and H5 are wrong
> because they are the fixed string "Identifier" rather than the
> formula found in H3 which produces the correct value ... copying the
> formula from H3 to H4 and H5 repairs these cells (turns out to be
> every one *except* UBL-TransportationStatus-2.0.ods which is already
> correct in UBL 2.0):
>
>    UBL-ApplicationResponse-2.0.ods
>    UBL-AttachedDocument-2.0.ods
>    UBL-BillOfLading-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Catalogue-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CatalogueDeletion-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdate-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CataloguePricingUpdate-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CertificateOfOrigin-2.0.ods
>    UBL-CreditNote-2.0.ods
>    UBL-DebitNote-2.0.ods
>    UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-ForwardingInstructions-2.0.ods
>    UBL-FreightInvoice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Invoice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Order-2.0.ods
>    UBL-OrderCancellation-2.0.ods
>    UBL-OrderChange-2.0.ods
>    UBL-OrderResponse-2.0.ods
>    UBL-OrderResponseSimple-2.0.ods
>    UBL-PackingList-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Quotation-2.0.ods
>    UBL-ReceiptAdvice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Reminder-2.0.ods
>    UBL-RemittanceAdvice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-RequestForQuotation-2.0.ods
>    UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0.ods
>    UBL-SelfBilledInvoice-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Statement-2.0.ods
>    UBL-Waybill-2.0.ods

Agreed
> (21) in UBL-CreditNote-2.0.ods cell B3 reads "Credit Note. UBL
> Version. Identifier" and should read "Credit Note. UBL Version
> Identifier. Identifier"

Agreed
> (22) in UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods cell J1 is empty and should read
> "Data Type Qualifier"

Agreed
> (23) in UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods cell J11 has "Document Status" and
> I think it should be empty because other codes have a data type of
> just "Code. Type" without being qualified, which also leads to F11
> changing from "Document" to "Document Status" and G11 from "Status" to "Code"

There are two issues here and they are not related.  You are correct in
the second statement, (F11 changing from "Document" to "Document Status"
and G11 from "Status" to "Code") - this is in line similar corrections
as listed above.
However, this is not related to the use of Data Type Qualifiers.  Data
Type Qualifiers are used to identify UBL defined qualified data types
that apply to this item.  In this case, the thing called Despatch
Advice. Document Status Code. Code uses the set of values defined as
Document Status_ Code. Type.  In fact, the property term and data type
qualifier term don't have to be identical - but they often are (which
makes sense).
Where we don't have a specific values for a code, then the Data Type
Qualifier is not used.  This is the case for Despatch Advice. Despatch
Advice Type Code. Code.  We don't define these codes.
So the first statement is not true.  We can leave J11 as it is.
> (24) in UBL-Invoice-2.0.ods cell B36 has "Invoice. Tax_
> Representative_ Party. Party" and should be "Invoice. Tax
> Representative_ Party. Party"

Agreed
> (25) in UBL-Reminder-2.0.ods cell F12 has "Reminder" and should be
> "Reminder Sequence", cell G12 has "Sequence" and should be "Numeric",
> and cell H12 has the hardwired string "Reminder Sequence" when it
> should be the formula in every other row of column 12 ... this then
> changes the DEN in B12 from "Reminder. Reminder Sequence. Numeric" to
> "Reminder. Reminder Sequence Numeric. Numeric"

The values are correct as they stand (although I agree the formula
should be used not the hardwired text). As mentioned above, the
representation term does not have to be in the property term.
> (26) in UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0.ods cell B36 reads "Self Billed
> Credit Note. Legal_ Monetary Total. Monetary Tota" and should read
> "Self Billed Credit Note. Legal_ Monetary Total. Monetary Total"

Agreed
> (27) - in the IDD template and UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-ES.xls and
> UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-IT.xls - cell B30 (row 27) must be
> "Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request Line"

Agreed . and also in the UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0 spreadsheets as well.
> (28) - in the IDD template and UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-ES.xls and
> UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-IT.xls -
>
>   B40: Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge_ Reason. Text
>   B119: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Contractor_ Customer Party.
> Customer Party
>   B120: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
>   B121: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Required_ Item Location
> Quantity. Item Location Quantity
>   B254: Credit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
>   B255: Credit Note Line. Despatch_ Line Reference. Line Reference
>   B256: Credit Note Line. Receipt_ Line Reference. Line Reference
>   B281: Debit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
>   B282: Debit Note Line. Despatch_ Line Reference. Line Reference
>   B283: Debit Note Line. Receipt_ Line Reference. Line Reference
>   B425: Goods Item. Quantity
>   B457: Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code. Code
>   B655: Order Reference. Customer_ Reference. Text
>   B798: Receipt Line. Timing Complaint Code. Code
>   B897: Shipment Stage. Loading Port_ Location. Location
>   B898: Shipment Stage. Unloading Port_ Location. Location
>   B899: Shipment Stage. Transship Port_ Location. Location
>   B941: Status. Percent
>   B1029: Transport Event. Transport Event Type Code. Code

I assume these are just the previously identified changes to the package
spreadsheets being propogated to the IDD.
> (29) in the IDD template and UBL-Reminder-2.0-ES.xls and
> UBL-Reminder-2.0-IT.xls - cell B14 must be "Reminder. Reminder
> Sequence Numeric. Numeric"

No, see above

--
regards