ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 24 October 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 24 OCTOBER 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Betty Harvey
   Tim McGrath
   Zarella Rendon
   John Schwarz
   Mark Seaborne
   Larry Tanner
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      In particular, question about TBG17 ACC scheduling.

      TM: Five of us are working on the submission, but there's a
      fair bit of work to do before we even start.  We will go
      through the UBL 2.0 library and reference the semantically
      equivalent CCs from the current TBG17 CC library, and when
      we find something in UBL that doesn't have a CC equivalent,
      we will create a candidate CC for submission.  So we will
      have to map the entire UBL library before we can create
      input for TBG17.  The group has not discussed scheduling
      yet, but it's difficult to imagine having this done before
      Christmas.

      JB: We should constitute the five UBL representatives to
      TBG17 as a task force.

      TM: They are:

         Martin Forsberg
         Sun Hyuk Kim
         Tim McGrath
         Tommy Lyons
         Andy Schoka

      ACTION: JB to submit this task force to the UBL membership.

   Support page maintenance

      AGREED per Pacific call to form a section for academic work
      related to UBL.

      TM: The Journal of Applied Economic Commerce will be
      publishing articles related to UBL and UBL implementation.

2008 TC WORK SCHEDULE

   TM: We can expect a comprehensive set of UBL 2.1 requirements
   from the BII workshop in May 2008.  Other than that, we don't
   have firm dates yet, but I will send some in email after
   discussions this week.

   ACTION: JB to construct a straw work schedule upon receipt of
   dates.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See this week's Pacific minutes.  Upon checking to see whether
   it's possible to move the Manhattan meeting date to resolve
   conflicts with X12 and CEN/ISSS BII meetings, it appears that
   this would create a fair amount of hardship for several UBL TC
   members.

   ACTION: JB to check with PLB to see whether a significant
   number of BII participants would attend the UBL TC meeting in
   Manhattan if the date were changed.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200710/msg00012.html