ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 31 October 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 31 OCTOBER 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Peter Borresen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Tommy Lyons
   John Schwarz
   Larry Tanner
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call (except items noted below)

      JB: TM will be unavailable for next week's Pacific call.
      Therefore, the review of the JPLSC comments will NOT begin
      next week (as stated in the Pacific minutes) but will begin
      the following week instead.

      No other comments.

   Support page maintenance

      Nothing this week, but note this item for next week:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200710/msg00030.html

TBG17 UBL CC TASK FORCE

   ACTION (10/24): JB to submit this task force to the UBL
   membership:

      Martin Forsberg
      Sun Hyuk Kim
      Tim McGrath
      Tommy Lyons
      Andy Schoka

      Pending; is the task force name above OK?

      AGREED: We will call this the UBL-TBG17 Task Force.

      TL: Emails on the TC list show some confusion about what
      we're supposed to be doing.  We need to determine the
      purpose of the Task Force.

      JB: This was described informally after the meeting in
      Stockholm, but not captured in detail sufficient to clarify
      the question.  It's been assumed that this will be covered
      when the group meets.

      ACTION: JB to begin a discussion aimed toward setting up a
      Task Force kickoff meeting (con call).

      TL: Not available the week of 11/12, but can do an evening
      call around the middle of next week [i.e., around 00:30 UTC
      11/8 or 11/9, which would be the evening of 11/7 or 11/8 in
      the Eastern U.S.].

UPDATE PACKAGE SCHEDULE

   AGREED on aiming to finish the 2.0 Update Package at the
   meeting in Manhattan.

2008 TC WORK SCHEDULE

   I.e., the UBL 2.1 schedule.  Moved back to the Pacific agenda
   after last week's guest appearance.

   JB: TM has sent me some dates.

   ACTION: JB to make a tentative 2008 work schedule.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See Pacific minutes.

   PB: A representative of the workshop will be available during
   the week scheduled for the meeting in Manhattan, and it's not
   likely that we would get more workshop members if we moved the
   date of the meeting.

   AGREED to keep the meeting dates already set for the next UBL
   TC F2F (28 January - 1 February 2008 in Manhattan).

   JB: My apologies to people who will not be able to attend the
   meeting in Manhattan.  Next time we will have to do a better
   job of keeping an eye out for conflicts.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200710/msg00012.html

   for the October/November call schedule.

   AGREED to the following December/January call schedule:

      Week of 12/03 Skip
      Week of 12/10 Regular schedule
      Week of 12/17 Regular schedule
      Week of 12/24 Skip
      Week of 12/31 Skip
      Week of 01/07 Regular schedule
      Week of 01/14 Regular schedule
      Week of 01/21 Skip
      Week of 01/28 Manhattan F2F
      Week of 02/04 Skip
      Week of 02/11 Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

   PB: Microsoft has asked us whether the SAP patents will
   interfere with the use of UBL.  If this is a problem, they
   won't touch it.  They would like a statement that this is not a
   problem.

   ACTION: PB to contact Gunther Stuhec.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC