ubl message

Subject: Announce: Multi-lingual printing UBL 2.0 Invoice to PDF now freely available

Crane Softwrights Ltd. is pleased to announce the
free availability of a Java-based environment to
print a UBL 2.0 invoice to PDF using the United Nations Layout Key.

This environment currently supports English,
Italian and Spanish box-labels, and the
documentation describes how you can help Crane
support the presentation of any other
language.  We would be pleased to make as many
language versions of these stylesheets freely
available from our web site.  Thank you to
Roberto Cisternino and Oriol Bausą for their
assistance with the existing translations.

Crane also thanks Visual Programming Ltd. of New
Zealand http://www.xmlpdf.com for their generous
and talented support in releasing a version of
their XSL-FO processor to be used for this free environment.

To obtain your copy of this environment, follow
the "Free resources" link from our home page
linked below.  Then follow the links "OASIS UBL,
UN Layout Key, XPath and Code List Resources",
"OASIS UBL resources", "Printing and displaying
UBL", "Printing UBL 2.0 instances to the UN Layout Key".

I'm not posting the direct URL because it is
bound to change.  Those who are using the UBL
Codex stylesheets to display UBL instances in
HTML without any XML angle brackets will find
that I've moved the location of that resource to
this same page.  Had I posted the link before, it
would now be a dead link in the archives.

Please ask any questions off-list.  We are
anxious to receive feedback regarding the
installation and use of this environment.  While
some things seem obvious to me, I would like to
make sure using the environment is easy for others.

p.s. the UBL Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC)
needs assistance in divining the UBL 2.0 mappings
from XML to the UN Layout Key for other documents
... please contact me if you can work with the
UBL committee to help us.  Thank you.

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc