ubl message

Subject: RE: Possible UBL XML.org community web site

Since so many TC members have expressed interest in a possible UBL XML.org
focus area, I'll provide more details via this list.

To be clear, before we can proceed with creating UBL XML.org, we need to
demonstrate support for the project by securing site sponsors and an Editorial
Board. We currently have one company close to committing to sponsorship. It
would be great if we can get at least one or two others. If you think your
company might be interested in advancing adoption of UBL, growing the market,
supporting the international UBL community, and being recognized as a leader in
this area, please let me know. I'd be happy to discuss the details with you
and/or your marketing executives.

Many of you have asked about the time commitments involved in serving on a UBL
XML.org Editorial Board. Obviously, participation levels vary based on your
personal availability and desire. Roughly, I would estimate that preparing the
site for launch will involve 6-10 hours spread over about six weeks. Once the
site is launched, Editorial Board members should be able to devote a minimum of
two hours per month monitoring, contributing, and editing content.

Here are the kinds of activities involved in serving on the Editorial Board:

*Pre-launch (approximately six weeks)

-Participate in a one-hour weekly conference call. If you are unable to
participate in the call, you may contribute to site planning via email.

-Contribute to the Wiki Knowledgebase by posting suggestions for topic pages
and adding content.

-If you are employed by a company that provides products or services that
support the standard, post listings in these directories. If you are employed
by an organization that uses the standard, add your name to the Deployments
list.

*Post-launch

-Participate in a one-hour monthly conference call to discuss enhancements to
the site, review recent posts, and explore ways to promote use. Again, if you
are unable to participate in the call, you may contribute via email.

-Subscribe to one or more topic pages in the Wiki Knowledgebase, ensuring new
edits are accurate and appropriate.

-Monitor a forum to ensure new posts are appropriate, offer answers to
questions, encourage others to comment, keep discussions moving.

-Agree to keep your company's product or services listing current.

-Post links to relevant press releases and news articles whenever appropriate.

-If you speak about UBL at a conference, workshop, or webinar, post info to the
events calendar and provide a link to your presentation materials after the
event.

-Consider writing a blog discussing your perspectives, opinions, and
observations on UBL.

Naturally, you may contribute to the site without serving on the Editorial
Board. Everyone will be encouraged to register and add content.

As soon as I have confirmation on site sponsorship, we can create a mailing
list for the Editorial Board and schedule a conference call to organize the
site.

Thanks,
Carol