ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Definitions of the Name element

What is more, it is 'standard' (EU Directives and presumably other
regional requirements elsewhere) for an Invoice to include an
Invoice Type as a piece of text or a code. This is the case even
with a paper document. UBL merely reflects with XML what is defined
for each document type by the business world(s). Except that
occasionally the modeling of documents in XML throws up some useful
patterns which help to make existing business features reusable and
consistent across document types - as in this case where UBL could
usefully add the entity of document type to every document without
straying from the business requirements - call it rationalizing the
requirements. Adding 'Note' to each document type is another example
of this recognition of requirements / features common to document
types in general, as is 'Name' I suppose. In my opinion. It might
be useful to recognise a generic *abstract* document type (like
the CC) that is a useful starting point for creating most new
document types (not something which is represented using XML but
something more abstract like the CC).

ID 1..1
OtherID 0..n (abstract of course, not actually called this)
CopyIndicator 0..1
UUID 0..1
IssueDate 1..1
IssueTime 0..1
DocumentType 0..1
DocumentTypeCode 0..1
DocumentName 0..n (called just 'Name' in some documents)
Description 0..n
Note 0..n
SenderParty 0..n
ReceiverParty 0..n
OtherParty  0..n
Instruction 0..n (abstraction of various entities)
DocumentLine 0..n

and similarly for document line

I think eDocs does this but I think it goes a bit further than
I would by representing it more concretely.

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk