ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 26 March 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 26 MARCH 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Support page maintenance

      No submissions this week.

ADOPTION SC / UBL FOCUS AREA

   People who volunteered for this are requested to respond to
   GKH's recent attempts to start work.

CALL FOR USE CASES - CCTS CONTEXT METHODOLOGY

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200803/msg00016.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200803/msg00019.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200803/msg00020.html

   TonyC: TM thinks that this is a subject for UBL users.

   Postponed pending further discussion between TM and TonyC.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   MC: Have the draft, but no progress lately.

   ACTION (3/5): JB to prepare copyright guidelines.

      Pending.

BOLOGNA MEETING PLANNING

   Current agenda:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200803/msg00032.html

   Note new agenda item from last week's Pacific minutes:

      Differences in applying UBL (affects both HISC and
      Guidelines)

   JB: It appears that this has not yet been added to the agenda.

   ACTION (3/5): TM to send (standing) invitation to ATG2 and
   other concerned UN/CEFACT working groups.

      Pending.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   See Pacific minutes.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Note that there will be no UBL TC calls the weeks of 7, 14, and
   21 April due to the UBL TC F2F in Bologna.

   JB: The chair will not be available for the Atlantic call next
   week due to travel.  The meeting will be chaired by TM if he is
   available, and if not, then by MC and MG; it will largely be
   devoted to NDR editorial work.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

   Work continued on editorial issues, bringing us up to Section
   3.4.  Poor resolution in the figures continues to be an issue.

   ACTION: MC to ask Mark Crawford for the Visio originals so that
   we can generate better bitmaps of the figures.

   AGREED to generate a new PDF after editorial changes are made
   following next week's work session and then to restart group
   editing from there.

   Note that we need to add a section on code list metadata; see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200803/msg00001.html

OTHER BUSINESS

   MC/MG: We were surprised to see that none of the UBL
   contributions to the ATG2 work agreed upon in Stockholm have
   been reflected in the latest draft of the UN/CEFACT NDR.
   Comments have been sent to Mike Rowell.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC