ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5|6 May 2008

Hello,

2 points about codelists:

1. Incoterms 2000
is the following UN/ECE recommendation allowing us to include the
Incoterms 2000 code list into UBL 2.1 ?

UNE/CE Rec 05
http://www.unece.org/cefact/recommendations/rec05/rec05_ecetrd259.pdf

Moreover, as noted by NES, UN/Locode is used to qualify the Delivery Terms
ID (INCOTERM) in Delivery Terms.

This reason I am trying to verify if the actual DeliveryTerms are suitable
for this purpose:

- cac:DeliveryTerms/cbc:ID

  Definition: Identifies the Delivery Terms.

  Samples available into the annotation:  CIF, FOB, or EXW from the
                 INCOTERMS Terms of Delivery. (2000 version preferred.)

NOTE: It is an identifier but should be a code list (I see it is not
possible as it is a re-used cbc:ID)

- cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:DeliveryLocation/cbc:ID

  Definition: The unique identifier for the location, e.g., the EAN
Location Number, GLN.

NOTE: This definition should mention the use of UN/Locode which is in line
with the Incoterm used at "cac:DeliveryTerms/cbc:ID"

2. Commodity Code (also known as "Harmonized Code" and "Combined
Nomenclature")
cac:CommodityClassification/cbc:CommodityCode

Product "Combined Nomenclature" (CN 2008)

Code List description and Responsible Agency:
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index.cfm?TargetUrl=DSP_GEN_DESC_VIEW_NOHDR&StrNom=CN_2008&StrLanguageCode=EN

Code List formats (HTML, CSV, XML, MDB, XLS):
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index.cfm?TargetUrl=LST_CLS_DLD&StrNom=CN_2008&StrLanguageCode=EN&StrLayoutCode=HIERARCHIC

Sample Code List (HTML):
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index.cfm?TargetUrl=ACT_OTH_DFLT_LAYOUT&StrNom=CN_2008&StrLanguageCode=EN

I really think we can publish this code list. Inside the description there
is the email contact of the responsible agency.
This codelist is well known in the cross-border trade, is multilingual and
updated yearly.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks

Roberto

--
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc