ubl message

Subject: Reflections on Test Suites (like NIST's) and UBL

[Reflections on Test Suites (like NIST's) and UBL: What I'd like to see...]

UBL TC and NIST might note TaMIE TC and TAG TC work which attempts
to provide frameworks for authoring test assertions and a test
scripting language applicable to documents (besides other things).

(See TAG TC and TaMIE TC wikis:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tag/FrontPage
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tamie/FrontPage )

I hope these lead to markup which UBL could use (1) to formally
document rules based on conformance testing requirements. UBL use
was a use case for TAG (e.g. SBS, customisation profiles, etc).

Not all rules can be stated with Schematron. Test Assertions include
the designation of prerequisites to a test assertion implying one
test assertion outcome can depend on the outcome of another test
assertion.

A test scripting language can take a set of test assertions (in XML)
and using something even as simple as XSLT generate a test script
which a test suite or testing and monitoring process (like TaMIE's)
can use to test internet document exchanges in an SOA environment.

SET TC might deliver further rules in ontologies for inclusion of
context in these scenarios. All these things may eventually combine
in an architecture based on OASIS open standards, etc to provide a
testing and monitoring framework suited to UBL and derivative
document engineering and exchange. So I hope.

I hope too that all this will blend well with what organisations
such as NIST are developing.

I just suggest the UBL business and conformance rules take all this
into account.

All the best

Steve

Reference